A perfect golf course should be designed so that it is able to provide the best golf game and look beautiful. There is much more to the designing of the golf course that should be considered. There should be some interesting obstacles for a good and challenging golf game. Certain things need to be added, while certain things also need to be eliminated to make the golf course interesting. You should consider the amount of work and planning that goes into the designing of each golf course. It may take years and a lot of money to plan the best golf course.
Designing a golf course is not an easy task. It requires a lot of investment and skill regarding golf greens selection and maintenance. There are a number of golf course designers or architects that are willing to do this job for you.
- You will have to do a lot of research regarding the property for converting it into a golf course. You will have to study if the piece of land id available to you.
- You will have to check if it is suitable for conversion into a golf course. Check if there are other golf courses in the area.
- You will have to check the land for availability of water, type of soil, natural drainages, restrictions regarding wild life protection, etc.
- Choose the golf course architect with a reputable name. For this, you will have to do some background research and enquire with your acquaintances. This golf course architect will be responsible for the various things on your golf course. He should be knowledgeable about horticulture, landscape gardening, planning, civil engineering and costing.
- Building a golf course will require rearranging some dirt, improving the natural water bodies and various other aspects.
- It is better to have every kind of permit required in your hand before you start working. Discuss your plans with the locals and try to gain endorsements.
- Hire a golf course contractor to build a good golf course. The golf course builders association of America may be of help. They are well aware of all the changing regulations and can improve the golf design. It is very important to see how best to finance your new golf course.
- Complete the basic groundwork including earth moving, clearing trees for the fairway, leveling the grass, basic configurations of the greens, etc.
- Install modern irrigation systems and finish effective drainage of fairways. Top-dress the fairways with good quality soil.
- Complete contouring of greens and ensure that they drain properly. You can also build sand boxes and tees. Add paths to the course for golf carts. Consider beautification of any water bodies, ditches, ravines, etc.
- Build a maintenance shed for golf equipments. Add practice facilities that include putting greens, chipping greens and the driving range.
- Finish the design of the golf course with a beautiful clubhouse.
So in order to get the best designs of golf course, you will have to take care to follow the steps given above. But, in this course mind it that you do not end up bankrupt while you have your own golf course.